Let DJB provide you with the tax advice you need to successfully reach your financial goals. Trained and knowledgeable tax professionals provide comprehensive tax planning to help you keep more of your hard-earned money.
We are told that taxes are one of the two certainties in life but through strategic and skillful planning, the amount of tax paid during your lifetime can be greatly reduced. Our full-service team of tax professionals, noted as a particular strength of our Firm, are responsible for developing customized strategies that work for corporations, individuals, partnerships, trusts, and estates. The group mainly focuses on corporate reorganizations, estate planning, mergers and acquisitions, sale, pre-sale and post-sale planning, annual compensation planning, as well as transition tax planning. In addition to our Canadian tax practice, our international tax group provides cross-border tax planning and consulting, as well as assistance with inbound and outbound investment into and from Canada, including importing/exporting goods and services for cross-border/international businesses.
Tax Compliance Services
Tax compliance can often be a daunting task for private companies with frequent changes to tax legislation at the provincial, federal, and international level. We can help make sure that your business is meeting current Canadian and foreign tax requirements.
- Assistance with other business taxes such as WSIB and EHT.
- Commodity tax services (GST/HST, PST, RST, QST).
- Cross-Border Taxation
- Preparation of Scientific Research & Experimental Development tax (“SR&ED”) claim forms.
- Tax dispute resolutions, voluntary disclosures, and taxpayer relief requests.
- Tax preparation services for corporations, individuals, partnerships, trusts, and estates
Mergers & Acquisitions, Corporate Reorganizations, and Business Transition
Some enterprises are looking for opportunities to invest in distressed assets while others are looking to refinance or re-position parts of their business. Entrepreneurs involved in these transactions can benefit from tax advice. To create value, you should move quickly to take advantage of market opportunities but also take time to consider the tax implications — from measuring tax liabilities in the initial due diligence process through structuring of the deal all the way to tax compliance in the post-merger period. Throughout, you should develop a tax-efficient plan that meets your strategic business objectives. We provide the following services:
- Business transition planning (including family business)
- Owner-manager and executive remuneration and compensation
- Reorganizations (pre-deal)
- Review of shareholder and partnership agreements
- Structuring (pre and post-deal)
- Tax and accounting due diligence (buy and sell)
- Tax estimates utilizing various options
- Taxation of deceased taxpayers and post-mortem tax planning