Let DJB provide you with the tax advice you need to successfully reach your financial goals. Trained and knowledgeable tax professionals provide comprehensive tax planning to help you keep more of your hard-earned money.
Tax Compliance Services
Tax compliance can often be a daunting task for private companies with frequent changes to tax legislation at the provincial, federal and international level. We can help make sure that your business is meeting current Canadian and foreign tax requirements.
- Tax preparation services for corporations, individuals, partnerships, trusts, and estates Cross-Border Taxation Commodity tax services (GST/HST, PST, RST, QST).
- Preparation of Scientific Research & Experimental Development tax (“SR&ED”) claim forms.
- Tax dispute resolutions, voluntary disclosures, and taxpayer relief requests.
- Assistance with other business taxes such has WSIB and EHT.
- Tax planning services.
Corporate and Partnership Tax Planning
The majority of Canadian businesses are subject to paying tax, but through strategic and skillful planning, the amount of tax paid annually can often be greatly reduced. Taking advantage of government incentives and tax regulations may better position your company when tax season arrives. We can develop customized tax strategies that work for corporations, individuals, partnerships, trusts, and estates. Our tax planning efforts continue year-round to keep you informed of new tax legislation that arises and how it may impact you and your business.
Mergers & Acquisitions, Corporate Reorganizations, and Business Transition
Some enterprises are looking for opportunities to invest in distressed assets while others are looking to refinance or re-position parts of their business. Entrepreneurs involved in these transactions can benefit from tax advice. To create value, you should move quickly to take advantage of market opportunities but also take time to consider the tax implications — from measuring tax liabilities in the initial due diligence process through structuring of the deal all the way to tax compliance in the post-merger period. Throughout, you should develop a tax-efficient plan that meets your strategic business objectives. We provide the following services:
- Tax and accounting due diligence (buy and sell)
- Tax estimates utilizing various options
- Reorganizations (pre deal)
- Structuring (pre and post deal)
- Business transition planning (including family business)
- Owner-manager and executive remuneration and compensation
- Review of shareholder and partnership agreements
- Taxation of deceased taxpayers and post-mortem tax planning