Let DJB provide you with the tax advice you need to successfully reach your financial goals. Trained and knowledgeable tax professionals provide comprehensive tax planning to help you keep more of your hard-earned money. Through our membership with Allinial Global, we collaborate with accounting and consulting firms in 125 countries.
Tax Compliance Services
Tax compliance can often be a daunting task for private companies with frequent changes to tax legislation at the provincial, federal and international level. We can help make sure that your business is meeting current Canadian and foreign tax requirements.
- Tax preparation services for corporations, individuals, partnerships, trusts and estates
- Cross-Border Taxation
- Commodity tax services (GST/HST, PST, RST, QST)
- Preparation of Scientific Research & Experimental Development tax (“SR&ED”) claim forms
- Tax dispute resolutions, voluntary disclosures and taxpayer relief requests
- Assistance with other business taxes such has WSIB and EHT
Tax Planning Services
Corporate and Partnership Tax Planning
The majority of Canadian businesses are subject to paying tax, but through strategic and skillful planning, the amount of tax paid annually can often be greatly reduced. Taking advantage of government incentives and tax regulations may better position your company when tax season arrives. We can develop customized tax strategies that work for you. Our tax planning efforts continue year-round to keep you informed of new tax legislation that arises and how it may impact you and your business.
At DJB, our focus is on understanding our clients’ needs and developing a personalized plan to ensure these needs are met. Whether it be an international move or a business opening cross-border branches we can help you navigate the compliance requirements in Canada and the US. We specialize in accounting, tax planning and preparation for Canadians and Americans, who live, work or conduct business across the border.
Other cross border services we provide include:
- Canada and US personal and corporate tax
- Tax efficient structures when conducting business in Canada and US
- Expatriate tax services
- IRS amnesty program filings
- Liaising with CRA or the IRS
Personal and Estate Tax Planning
Rapidly changing tax legislation means that expert personal tax advice is essential for high net worth individuals, professionals, owner-managers of businesses, snowbirds, corporate directors, and executives. In addition to a full range of tax compliance including preparation of your personal and trust returns, we also assist you with retirement, succession, will, and probate planning to ensure your estate is structured in the most practical and tax efficient manner possible.
Sales, Mergers, Acquisitions and Corporate Reorganizations
Some enterprises are looking for opportunities to invest in distressed assets while others are looking to refinance or reposition parts of their business. Entrepreneurs involved in these transactions can benefit from tax advice. To create value, you should move quickly to take advantage of market opportunities but you should also consider the tax implications — from measuring tax liabilities in the initial due diligence process through structuring of the deal all the way to tax compliance in the post-merger period. Throughout, you should develop a tax-efficient plan that meets your strategic business objectives. We provide the following services:
- Tax and accounting due diligence (buy and sell)
- Tax estimates under various options
- Reorganizations (pre deal)
- Structuring (pre and post deal)
Other Tax Planning and Tax Advisory Services
- Business transition planning for Family businesses
- Owner-manager and executive remuneration and compensation
- Review of shareholder and partnership agreements
- Taxation of deceased taxpayers and post-mortem tax planning
Download our Taxation profile sheet.