At DJB, our focus is to understand our clients’ needs and develop a customized plan to ensure these needs are met. Whether it’s an international move or a business opening across borders, we can help you with tax planning and navigating the compliance requirements in both Canada and the US.
Rapidly changing tax legislation requires professional tax advice that is essential for high-net-worth individuals, professionals, business owners, snowbirds, and executives. We specialize in accounting, tax planning, and preparation of returns for Canadians and Americans, who live, work or conduct business across the border.
- Consulting on and implementing creative cross-border structures for those expanding to the US or non-residents looking to operate in Canada
- Personal and estate tax planning
- Business support services
- Canada and US personal and corporate tax preparation
- Assisting with withholding filings for dispositions of US/Canadian property
- Liaising with the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) or the Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
- Expatriate tax services
- IRS amnesty program filings
Canadian Subsidiaries of International Companies
For many business owners, foreign expansion seems like a very complicated endeavour that may deter you from pursuing potentially lucrative international options. At DJB, we can help Canadian businesses successfully conduct business abroad. We can also assist foreign clients who wish to carry on business in Canada.
Our team understands the various challenges that arise from cross-border taxation, foreign ownership of companies carrying on business in Canada, and ownership of Canadian subsidiaries. We can proactively manage compliance with all of the varying tax programs (income tax, GST/HST, payroll, etc).
We offer assistance in:
- Inbound investment into Canada
- Outbound investment from Canada
- Importing and exporting goods and services
- US/cross-border tax