New Health and Safety Poster
Most employers in Ontario are required to post the Health & Safety at Work: Prevention Starts Here poster. This poster outlines the rights and responsibilities of workers, supervisors, and employers under the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA) and includes a Ministry of Labour, Training and Skills Development telephone number to report critical injuries, fatalities, and work refusals.
Employers should ensure this has been updated to the 2020 version found here. Please note that posters sold by private companies do not comply with the legal requirements.
- Remove any previous poster versions and ensure only the 2020 version is posted.
- Ensure that the poster is printed in colour or black and white on a paper that is at least 8.5 × 11 inches (letter size).
- Ensure that the English version is posted and include a poster for any other language that reflects the majority language of the workplace.
- Audit your Health and Safety board to ensure that all other information is up-to-date and accurate.
HOW WE CAN HELP
- Our HR Advisory team can conduct an HR Compliance Audit to review your organization’s current state by examining your policies and practices to help identify, among other things, whether your Health and Safety board is compliant with legislative requirements.
- Please reach out to email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns with the above information.