VIDEO CONFERENCING TIPS: Making it Look Professional
In an April 29, 2020, CPA Canada article, the author provided a variety of tips for professional meetings conducted by online video conference, which has become much more common during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Among the tips discussed, the author recommended the following:
- having a meeting host to own the meeting, set the agenda, and drive the meeting;
- setting protocols such as the use of mute features (whether by participants or the host) or chat functions;
- using the waiting room to avoid one client dropping in while another meeting is in progress;
- framing the view to control what participants see in the background; and
- sharing screens to more efficiently share information.
ACTION ITEM: Prior to providing video content or presenting virtually, review this article. As virtual communication will likely be a permanent fixture in the future, consideration should be given to investing in a reliable, quality web camera and microphone.