Agribusiness Government Programs: Quick Reference
Below you will find updates and links to many of the Agribusiness Government programs.
- The Ontario government announced new guidelines for the Enhanced Agri-food Workplace Protection Program. Funding is available until November 30, 2021, for orders on or before January 1, 2021, and received on or after March 13, 2021. Funding is available through the following categories:
- The Workplace COVID Prevention category will support the adoption of prevention and mitigation measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19 among agri-food workers/employees.
- The Responsive COVID Outbreak Management category will reimburse eligible applicants who have been impacted by outbreaks of COVID-19 and faced with extraordinary costs related to employee wage supports and worker/employee isolation.
- The Ontario government announced new guidelines for enhanced workplace protection funding, including a faster process. Project costs on or after March 15, 2020 are eligible.
- The AgriStability enrolment deadline for 2021 was extended to June 30, 2021.
- Interim payments of 75% are now available for AgriStability.
- The Risk Management Program enrolment deadline for 2020 has been extended to July 31, 2020.
- Farmers had an extension of until June 1, 2020 to enrol in Production Insurance.
- The deadline to pay Production Insurance premiums for forage and fruit was extended to June 30, 2020.
- Those who employ temporary foreign workers have more guidance as of May 28, 2020. Employment and Social Development Canada released COVID-19: A Guide for Temporary Foreign Workers in Canada.
- The Federal and Provincial governments are enhancing AgriInsurance coverage for the 2020 growing season to include labour shortages due to COVID-19.
More articles related to COVID-19: Business Resource Centre